The NextGen UCM2-5.5 Marine Diesel Generator from Next Generation Power Engineering (NextGen) is perfect for mid-size vessels, as it boasts the shortest length of any comparable unit on the market. NextGen diesel generators are well known for their reliability and ease of maintenance.
Made from a 10 hp, 2-cylinder Kubota diesel, this unit provides fuel-efficient power. It is freshwater cooled and completely marinized. The 60 Hz AC power it produces is enough to run any array of appliances and electronic devices, along with two typical air conditioning units. Operation speed is just 2,800 rpm, rather than the 3,600 rpm typical of high speed gen-sets. This drastically reduces noise and vibration while extending operating life.
A version is now available that is Ignition Protection Certified for use in gasoline powered vessels.
- Lower operating speeds to reduce sound levels and increase life expectancy
- Fresh water marinized heavy duty Kubota diesel engine
- Average fuel consumption to just 3/10 GPH
- Compact size and light-weight construction
- Dimensions: 23″ L x 17″ W x 20″ H w/o Enclosure, 25.5″ L x 20″ W x 21″ H with Enclosure
- Weight: 230 lb w/o Enclosure, 270 lb with Enclosure
- Noise Level at 7 ft [2 m]: 72 dB w/o Enclosure, 63 dB with Enclosure
- Panel dimensions: 4″ x 6″ or 9″ x 8.5″
- 120 VAC, 60 Hz (3-Wire) – Standard
- – Standard*
- – Upgrade
*120/240 VAC, 4-Wire installation requires additional circuit protection
- 10′ – Standard
- 20′ – Standard
- 30′ – Upgrade
- Basic – Standard
- 4 Gauge Panel – Upgrade
Other Upgrade Options
- Sound Enclosure
- Ignition Protection
- 35 Amp DC Alternator