The NextGen UCM2-3.5 Marine Diesel Generator from Next Generation Power Engineering (NextGen) is perfect for mid-size vessels, as it offers an ultra-compact, lightweight design. This 3.5KW diesel machine doesn’t resort to the current trend of high speed 3,600 rpm operation. It’s design allows the engine to run at a comfortable and quiet mid-range speed of 2,800 rpm, while still providing an AC output of 60 Hz. This gen-set uses a heavy duty 5.0KVA generator end, allowing easy starts on up to 16,000 BTU air conditioners or pairs of smaller AC units.
This unit is made from a 7 hp Kubota single-cylinder diesel engine which uses a horizontal design, making the UCM1-3.5 the lowest profile gen-set built to date. It is freshwater cooled and completely marinized. The 60 Hz AC power it produces is enough to run any array of appliances and electronic devices, along with two typical air conditioning units.
A version is now available that is Ignition Protection Certified for use in gasoline powered vessels.
- Lower operating speeds to reduce sound levels and increase life expectancy
- Fresh water marinized heavy duty Kubota diesel engine
- Average fuel consumption to just 2/10 GPH
- Compact size and light-weight construction
- Dimensions: 28″ L x 15.5″ W x 15″ H w/o Enclosure, 30″ L x 18″ W x 16.5″ H with Enclosure
- Panel dimensions: 4″ x 6″
- Weight: 160 lb w/o Enclosure, 200 lb with Enclosure
- Noise Level at 7 ft [2 m]: 72 dB w/o Enclosure, 63 dB with Enclosure
- 120 VAC, 60 Hz (3-Wire) – Standard
- – Standard*
- – Upgrade
*120/240 VAC, 4-Wire installation requires additional circuit protection
- 10′ – Standard
- 20′ – Standard
- 30′ – Upgrade
- Basic – Standard
Other Upgrade Options
- Sound Enclosure
- Ignition Protection